Terms, Conditions & Privacy
I am over 18 and by completing an entry to a race, I certify I have read and accept the terms and conditions. If there are under 18s taking part, I certify that I am the parent/guardian and I give my consent for them to participate in Run Around the World
Terms and conditions
1) By registering for Marathoninaday, participants declare there are no medical reasons they could not take part and they are physically fit and capable of completing their nominated distance.
2) In order for results to be verified, participants must be responsible for sending all supporting evidence by the final declaration date.
3) Collating results for teams is the responsibility for the team captain/organiser.
4) The maximum distances permitted for age groups are in accordance with UKA rule 140 section 3.
Age: Maximum distance:
Under 13 5,000m
18+ Marathon (42,200m)
As such, any runners under 18 may only participate as a part of a team and covering the maximum distances outlined above.
5) Entry is non-transferrable and refunds are not available unless the event is cancelled by the organisers.
6a) Marathoninaday is a virtual race and as such, the organisers will not be on hand on the day to offer marshalling, medical assistance or tracking and timing solutions.
6b) As such, participants agree to waive any liability against the organisers/sponsors and volunteers for any injury, illness, loss or damage as a result of participation.
6c) Participants acknowledge they are taking part in marathoninaday at their own risk and should take suitable precautions with regards to personal health and safety.
7) By registering for marathoninaday, participants agree to royalty-free use of their results, name, images (including video) and comments in future publicity.
8) By registering, and selecting yes when prompted participants agree for their name and contact details to be added on to the marathoninaday mailing list. Entrants can unsubscribe by contacting the organisers.
9) The race entry fee is to cover the administration of the event and a charitable donation, should the event make a profit, to the charity Mind. It does not include the medal, which is only awarded upon successful completion of the event.
10) Participants understand that marathoninaday is a ‘challenge’ and not a ‘competition’ and as such, any prizes given are at the organiser’s discretion. Prizes may be awarded for any number of reasons and none are guaranteed.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
Where we need to perform the contract between us.
Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email.
You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing us.
We collect information from you to:
register you as a new customer
process and deliver your order including: (a) Manage payments, fees and charges (b) Collect and recover money owed to us
To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey
To administer and protect our business and our site (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
To deliver relevant content and advertisements to you and measure and understand the effectiveness of our advertising
To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have:
requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us; or
if you provided us with your details and ticked the box at the point of entry of your details for us to send you marketing communications; and
in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We do not intend to share your information with and will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below
Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
Request access to your personal data.
Request correction of your personal data.
Request erasure of your personal data.
Object to processing of your personal data.
Request restriction of processing your personal data.
Request transfer of your personal data.
Right to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/ If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us.